Sunday, May 22, 2011

Cute bear and a dog show

Meet Teddy. I made him for my Sister in law's baby, and naturally once he was finished we had to go on a little mini photo shoot...



If anyone is interested in making their own teddy bears I HIGHLY recommend the book "The ABC's of Teddy bear making." This book literally has everything you need to know to get started in bear making, from info on jointing and doing faces to correct stuffing techniques to complete bear patterns. This bear in particular was made from the pattern for "Missy" in the book, but considering it's for a boy, I prefer to not think of him as a Missy :)

On Saturday I got to go to a dog show! Yay! It was so fun to see so many of the people that I know from the dog world, and meet some new ones. This was a local, annual AKC all breed show that also does Rally and Obedience trials. Soo much fun to go to. My only regret is that I didn't enter Jed in the Obedience or Rally...

This little girl was so sweet!


I think Afghans are so pretty :)


I think the dog on the left was the best of breed border collie...but I'm not sure....There were too many gorgeous dogs there!!
Signing out....

2 comments:

  1. Love the teddy bear!!! Absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your art is so beautiful!

    You make teddy bears??? Me too! I LOVE making them and have entered a few in my state fair. My favorite book is "The Complete Book of Teddy Bear Making" By Alicia Merrett and Ann Stephens. It is fantastic and gives lots of options and ideas for mixing up techniques and patterns! If you still are making them, you have to try using real mohair. It is amazing stuff and so hard to go back to the cheaper fur!

    Your bear is gorgeous! I love the work you did on the muzzle!

    ReplyDelete